Take On Adventure (TOA) Statement on Cleaning Protocols
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. The Company has been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). On a daily basis, we are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our cabin property’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to cabin cleaning procedures. Our properties are in more remote areas with less human congestion. Specific steps TOA is taking include:
Staff and Cleaning Contractors Health, Safety and Knowledge: Our Staff and Contractors – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our staff meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, staff and contractors are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Timely Updates on Changes: TOA notifies latest news and information to our staff and contractors to prepare for and respond to COVID-19. In addition, TOA management coordinates with local and regional authority directives.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: We work with our partners and suppliers to make sure that we procure and use virus-killing products approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency as well as the protective equipment they need for their operations. Our cabins use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Cabins: Cabins use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Back of House: In the spaces where staff and contractors work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker room, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Event Notification: If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at one of our cabins, we immediately work with the relevant health authorities to obtain the facts and guidance on steps to take with both guess, staff and contractors. We undertake an additional cleaning and disinfecting protocol of the common areas of the cabin as well as the areas we know the guest has been during their stay. In addition, TOA undertakes a cabin recovery protocol that is designed to disinfect everything.
Guest Personal Care Packet: TOA provides guests with sanitary wipes, disinfectant spray and rubber gloves for use upon arrival and during their stay.